Advertisement

Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents

Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents President Donald Trump has said that if foreign governments offered his campaign damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he would 'take it in' before going to federal authorities.  When asked by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in the Oval Office on Wednesday whether his campaign would accept such information from foreigners such as China or Russia or hand it over the FBI, Trump said, 'I think maybe you do both.'He continued: 'I think you might want to listen, there isn’t anything wrong with listening. If somebody called from a country, Norway, [and said] "we have information on your opponent," I think I’d want to hear it.'Trump made the statement despite the deluge of investigations stemming from his campaign’s interactions with Russians during the 2016 campaign, while criticizing the attention paid to his son, Donald Trump, Jr. for his meeting with a Russian lawyer in 2016. The Walt Disney Company Privacy Policy Trump made the remark during an exclusive interview with ABC News over the course of two days, wherein Stephanopoulos joined the president on a visit to Iowa and back to Washington for a day inside the White House, according to a press release provided by ABC News' 'World News Tonight with David Muir.'Trump referred to any information about opponents, no matter who it comes from, as 'oppo research,' and claimed 'any member of Congress' accepts it about their opponents. He disputed the idea that if a foreign government provided information on a political opponent, it would be considered interference in our election process.'It’s not an interference, they have information -- I think I’d take it,' Trump said. 'If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI -- if I thought there was something wrong.'  President Donald Trump has said that if foreign governments offered his campaign damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he would 'take it in' before, if at all, going to federal authorities, in an exclusive interview with ABC News Chief Anchor George StephanopolousTrump also expressed his upset over the attention on his son, Donald Jr., for his role in the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, as Stephanopoulos asked whether Trump Jr. should have taken the Russians’ offer for 'dirt' on then-candidate Hillary Clinton to the FBI.'Somebody comes up and says, "Hey, I have information on your opponent," do you call the FBI?' Trump asked in response.'I’ll tell you what, I've seen a lot of things over my life. I don't think in my whole life I’ve ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don’t call the FBI.  Trump also expressed his upset over the attention on his son, Donald Jr., for his role in the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, as Stephanopoulos asked whether Trump Jr. should have taken the Russians’ offer for 'dirt' on then-candidate Hillary Clinton to the FBI 'Somebody comes up and says, "Hey, I h

dailymail,news,donald-trump,china,russia,

Post a Comment

0 Comments