Advertisement

Bipolar and Sleep: Why is It Such a Nightmare? | HealthyPlace

Bipolar and Sleep: Why is It Such a Nightmare? | HealthyPlace Bipolar disorder and sleep problems. Everybody with bipolar disorder that I’ve spoken to seems to have a sleep problem. Do you?

As someone living with bipolar 2 disorder, sleep has always been a significant problem for me too. When your mind is continually racing, it's hard to shut off at night. Stress really triggers terrible sleeping habits. And before I was on adequate treatment, I could stay up for days and be perfectly fine.
During lows, I oversleep and sleep too much; which is part of the extremes that come living with bipolar disorder.

Also, I struggle with nightmares a lot. In fact, I have kept a dream catcher in my room since I was a kid. My mind is just its own world and it’s so hard to shut off.

I will never be someone that gets the perfect amount of sleep, and that is okay. It's about being self-aware and knowing when you need to be more responsible when it comes to sleep. Also keeping track or your sleep is a good habit to get into.

So when these periods of sleep problems from having bipolar disorder come, I find that settling down by reading an hour before, drinking tea and having a night time routine is essential. Watching shows before bed only stimulates my mind more.

What is your experience with bipolar disorder and sleep? Share your comments below or do a response video and send it into info@healthyplace.com. See you next week!
--
Subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Hannah posts a new video every Monday morning on the HealthyPlace YouTube channel. You can help spread awareness and understanding by sharing this video or playlist. And if you find the video helpful, I hope you'll give it a thumbs up.

I'm Hannah. I Have Bipolar 2 Playlist:
I Have Bipolar Too blog:

MORE INFORMATION ON BIPOLAR DISORDER AND SLEEP

What’s the Deal with Sleep and Bipolar Disorder? |
Bipolar Disorder and Sleep Problems |
Bipolar Disorder and Sleep Problems: What to Do |
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Sleep Disorder |
Solutions for Bipolar and Insomnia: I Can’t Sleep |
Bipolar and Excessive Sleep Solutions |

○ Follow HealthyPlace on Social Media:

▷ Instagram |
▷ Pinterest |
▷ Tumblr |
▷ Facebook |
▷ Twitter |

Mental Health,Mental Illness,HealthyPlace,HealthyPlace Mental Health,Bipolar Disorder,Bipolar 2,Bipolar and Sleep,

Post a Comment

0 Comments